Wednesday 31 January 2018

Bright Start

Tuesday

Woke early (for me) at 6.30am so I decided to have a "crack of dawn" run down to Welwick. The weather was set fair and a fine sunrise was appreciated...

Would I finally connect with some Raptors/Owls? Well, a Barn Owl (P.46) over the car was a great start! As I made my way up onto the flood bank a cc Marsh Harrier was spotted in the half-light hunting in the distance.

I scanned the Humber and there perched on a favourite snag was a Merlin (P.47)...

Things were going very well.

Around 15 minutes later c 8.15 a male Marsh Harrier flew quickly through. Nothing else of note was seen bar 6 Little Egrets.

An hour down at Stone Creek mid-afternoon failed to produce the hoped for Hen Harrier but Kingfisher (P.48) was added in a regular spot.

Another Barn Owl was observed hunting a ditch on the return journey.


No comments: