Sunday 3 December 2017

Landed

Just arrived back home after an epic trip to an epic State. Time for a rest now!

As per usual, I will eventually produce a trip report...with hopefully not too much repetition. The Birders world never stands still. A controversial WHITE-CROWNED BLACK WHEATEAR turned up in a Scunny garden. I won't do one of my provenance...etc etc. Might do later though!

I sneaked a Spurn tick with a LESSER YELLOWLEGS on Long Bank Marsh. My 300th! Not bad for a part-timer!

An ABA tick turned up in the RGV after my departure at Quinta Mazatlan in the form of a GREEN-BREASTED MANGO (some name!). An ELEGANT TERN (not a good year for me with this species)
is currently lounging around the UTC (Upper Texas Coast). Would have been a possible Texas addition from Galveston...and blow me down...a Glossy Ibis turned up at Wheldrake Ings today, a first for the York Area!

There you go...

No comments: