Sunday 1 October 2017

Cheeky visit

Made a couple of trips down the road today. On the way I was treated to a decent view of one of the newly established local Buzzards in the early morning light...


Plenty of Birders around Easington, hardly surprising for an October Sunday. A kind chap pointed out a local rarity resting with a large flock of Collared Doves. I can confidently say I wouldn't have found it...

Turtle Dove (P.132, S.80))
The weather was poor with heavy cloud and constant drizzle but it was a memorable sighting of this heavily persecuted species. Could have been a better view!

A young Red-backed Shrike was also in the area but with the football sized crowds (non-league) and
continued grim conditions I returned home.

Mid-afternoon encouraged by the improving weather I returned to the "shrike site". It was brighter now but hardly "nice". There were only two people present as I got out of the car.

The bird performed well but was very active. This was the best I could manage through the gloom...

No comments: