Wednesday 26 July 2017

Catch up

Rainy day here. So time to slow down...and catch up?

I made it down to Kilnsea Wetlands before the deluge to connect with the overdue Little Stint...


Green Sandpiper (2) and Ruff were also new for the year. I bumped into Frank Moffat and John Hewitt. John mentioned that someone had claimed the WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPER again but no further news as I write (1pm). This site is starting to produce an impressive list of quality birds and will no doubt continue to do so. AMERICAN GOLDEN PLOVER and another WHITE-WINGED BLACK TERN (juv) recorded in the past two days.

A Little Egret also showed very well...



The past few days locally... A Little Tern wandered North to allow me to add it to my Holmpton year list during a dog walk. I also sneaked a Mistle Thrush sighting from the bus near Patrington. I popped down to the triangle late yesterday afternoon after work to try for the Red-backed Shrike. I made my way along the canal past the developing and highly controversial Visitor Centre...



I could see a group of admirers in the distance but as I had "the Budster" with me I decided to spare them the dubious presence of his company! A grim record shot it is then...

c150 yds through the heat haze at the rear of Rose Cottage
One for the jizz afishionados. 

High on the cuteometer was this pair of young Little Owls on the way home. Great news indeed...


Totals adjusted accordingly.

No comments: